What is the difference between laminated glass PVB and SGP?
In the early days, the laminated glass was generally made of laminated glass produced by PVB film. Since PVB film was originally developed for automotive glass rather than for the building curtain wall industry. It has been used for many years in the construction industry. It has a wide range of uses and achieved good safety results. However, due to the flexibility, softness and small shear modulus of PVB film, the two glasses will have relative slip, load capacity and bending deformation after being stressed. At the same time, the exposed side of PVB film laminated glass is easy to be exposed to moisture and open glue, and it is easy to turn yellow after long use. So PVB film laminated glass can be used for general glass curtain walls and is not suitable for high-performance glass curtain walls.
The shear modulus of ionic film SGP was 50 times more than that of PVB, and the tear strength was 5 times of PVB. When the laminated glass produced by the ion film is stressed, there is almost no slip between the two glasses. Two pieces of glass as a piece of glass, bearing capacity is PVB sandwich glass 2 times, in the same load, the same thickness of the case, SGP sandwich glass bending is only PVB sandwich glass 1/4.
Compared with PVB laminated glass, performance of SGP laminated glass is superior because of the following properties:
1. Highly bonding ability to glass and strong tear strength, which can prevent the glass from breaking and scattering.
2. It has strong protective ability. It can prevent natural disasters and human damage. Also it has sufficient resistance to strong winds, earthquakes, violence, theft, etc.
3. It can withstand the sudden impact of indoor personnel, prevent the glass from scattering. It can avoid indoor people and articles flying out and falling.
4. There is enough residual bearing capacity, and the whole piece will not fall off when the glass breaks and then bends.
5. SGP film has sufficient shear modulus to bend the entire section of the laminated glass. It improve the bearing capacity and bending rigidity of the glass. Also it reduce the glass thickness and glass weight.
6. It can withstand the effects of ultraviolet light, water vapor and external climate change.
No matter you require flat glass, curved glass, laminated glass or decorative glass for your project, welcome to contact professionals at GREART GLASS email@example.com now and request a detail quote timely.